1. The members of the Security Council expressed their deep regret at the decision of the Federal Government of Somalia (FGS) to declare the Special Representative of the Secretary General (SRSG) for Somalia, Nicholas Haysom, persona non grata.
2. The members of the Security Council underlined their full support for the SRSG and for the United Nations Assistance Mission in Somalia (UNSOM).
3. The members of the Security Council underscored the strong and continued commitment of the international community to support peace, stability and development in Somalia, and reiterated in this regard their expectation that Somalia cooperate fully with the United Nations.
4. The members of the Security Council underlined that 2019 would be a critical year for Somalia, and urged its leaders to work together to advance political and security reforms.
5. The members of the Security Council reaffirmed their respect for the sovereignty, territorial integrity, political independence and unity of Somalia.
6. They paid tribute to the contribution of the African Union Mission in Somalia (AMISOM), UNSOM, the United Nations Support Office in Somalia (UNSOS), and all Somali and international actors working to bring peace and stability in Somalia.